Monday, June 21, 2010

Let's talk about art and inspiration....

.....let's talk about music. I know this blog is supposed to be focused on design and decor; however, music is such an integral part of my life. My question is this- can you be inspired without music? When you create, paint, craft, garden, redecorate, cook....does your path to creative release involve music? Mine most certainly does. I find it intensifies my mood, much like good wine does for others.....




What I'm getting at is this--I would like to share some of my musical inspiration with you from time to time....I hope to inspire, not impose my musical tastes on you. You need not click on the links if you don't want to. However, if you do, and you do like it, then we will have a lot more to share.


Painting by M.F.Hussain. Via.



Today I'd like to introduce you to the British-Asian composer and artist Niraj Chag. His music epitomises the word fusion. Here's one of my favorite pieces by him....I'll let the music do the talking.... 


Courtesy: YouTube

Find another one of my favorites by this composer here. You can visit Niraj here. Let's get the conversation going. Talk to me.......


3 comments:

  1. Hmm.. As for me, I'm not much of a music person, as in I don't listen to music everyday and in fact sometimes find it a little distracting. I have not met many people who share my thoughts on this.. :)
    Having said that, maybe I just haven't discovered the right kind of music to work with (certainly can't be bollywood songs!) My only fav music is when my husband sings and plays, which he does VERY WELL!
    I heard Niraj's music and really really liking it G! :) Thanks and please keep sharing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neha, this is a no bollywood zone!!! :D

    (in the off-chance that a bollywood-wallah is reading this- no offense man!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And oh, I have to say here- my hubs has a dreamy voice too....

    ReplyDelete

Rant? Rave? Tell me about it!

previous Next home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...