Thursday, December 15, 2011

Work in progress and a thank you for you.........

Busy busy busy..........handmade labels, the printer's been working full time today! This year, I decided to customize the labels for my thank you gifts. They're not very holiday-themed as there are a ton of printables out there, and I wanted the labels to really stand out. I used regular card stock to print these labels on; the original prints were made using the wooden blocks and scanned to create digital facsimiles. I think they came out rather well don't you?













I plan on using these tags on little brown paper packages (tied up with string, of course) that will carry my top secret (LOL! )spice blends for marinades. Accompanying them will be the recipe cards you see above. For the vegetarians, there will be parcels of home made cookies (with accompanying recipe cards).

And while I'm making goodies for friends I can see and touch, I can't very well forget you can I, dear reader? I thought you might like to use some pretty labels too. Actually, since they're not very holiday theme-y, you can use them for other occasions as well. So here you go, my sweets---make sure you download the original file for the full resolution images. (It's a pdf file, 168 kb in size, so it won't take up much space.)


OPaPLabels


PS: This is my first time sharing a document on blogger, if there are any hiccups, please do let me know, I'll try my best to resolve any issues. There is a watermark in the document, to prevent it from being appropriated, but it falls in the area you would discard when you cut out your labels. I'm really excited to be able to share this with you, do let me know if you liked the labels and whether you think you'll be using them. Here's the link to the file in case the embedded document takes forever to open, though, at 168 kb, why would it take so much time to open is a mystery to me.

20 comments:

  1. WOWEEEEY GB! Too good and you are too good to share. In this time in history where most people try to hide whatever they know , here you are giving away free shares :-). The labels are soooo good and together with the recipe cards and spices for marinades - too tempting.
    PS: Seriously I am not asking for one :-), I was too impressed with the whole package and I had to express it loud and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shanthi! You're the best. Hope you get to use these---Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. I love the font on the tags. Now all I need is recycled paper to print those on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good going Gagan!!!!! What a smart idea to personalise your packaging. I would suggest you to use the block prints to make wrapping papers too (which I am sure you have already done it. From where did you get these awesome blocks....India? You are cropping many ideas in my mind too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so many handmade ones with love.your a darling dear.i hope you lived near me ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great!!!
    Too good GB....i love these wooden blocks. I have a few and used to print random things about a decade back. Time to fish them out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo...I love them G! thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Thank you G! Very creative and easy to print too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow ! GB , Very beautiful and thoughtful !!! Glad that you have decided to share these with us... !! I love the block prints...They have turned out very well... !!!



    Have a great weekend !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great. Thanks so much. Happy Holidays to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gagan, these look awesome! Loved the idea of printing them out...and thank you for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool Gagan, love the personal touch so much. Just got back from my cruise...more on my blog on of these days:):)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous stuff! and what an idea!

    Loved this post and would be a bit regular in reading what's happening here...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the sweet tags, Gagan! Thank you for sharing!

    Wish you and your family a wonderful, happy and fun Christmas and New Year!

    Meera xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice idea for gift tags. The hand stamped prints look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. will surely try these - great idea. Will let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow..will give this one a try during Diwali this year!!! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Rant? Rave? Tell me about it!

previous Next home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...