Sunday, May 8, 2011

Calling all mommies....

.....Hope you have a wonderful day! Hope you get some time to put your feet up....

(And read a good book...I loved reading this one! green toenails optional..... :D)



...enjoy something pretty...

Orchid.

(The orchids have faded now, but I'm so happy I still have these pictures to enjoy their beauty.......)


......and get pampered.........

 
Tempting? Get the recipe here. I used to make this quite often, but I didn't know what I was missing out on till the magician-cook whispered her secret ingredient in my ear---Ginger!! I've jazzed it up with some scallions and fresh herbs--basil from my windowsill and cilantro from the grocer!

Those lovely batik napkins are my mother's work....aren't they gorgeous!


My new tablecloth, that-isn't-a-tablecloth. It's actually a curtain...I couldn't find any table covers in India that would fit my unwieldy dining table, so I picked the prettiest curtain for the purpose! Bonus: it was on sale! Yay.


Confession: these pictures were taken much earlier, nothing to do with the momentous occasion (!!??!!) of mothers' day. I just thought they'd look pretty presented here in one post. 

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend, my lovelies!

19 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures...love the combo flowers + book + food .....!! Happy Mother's Day to you !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely images. Love the batik..wow! Happy mother's day to u too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mothers day GB.Oh those Batik napkins and that table cloth are a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, first off, love the color on your toenails!
    The dalia looks sumptuous, I might try it soon. Lastly, your curtain turned tablecloth is so, SO pretty...where did you pick it up from?
    Happy Mother's Day Gagan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day Gagan! Lovely photos that tell such a beautiful story:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures. Great recipe.
    I specially like that batic print table cover/curtain by your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pics GB! Green nail polish? Really? The last pic is my fav...the colors, the composition, the batik napkin. LOVERLY! Happy Mom's day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Mothers.. day. Gagan1! Lovely pictures.. and I liked the green toes.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That green nail polish looks very tempting! Happy Mother's Day Gagan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Mother's day to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Mother's Day!!! I love everything about these pictures, green toe nails to the batik napkins!

    ♡ from © tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. A delightful composition.The pictures are perfect.Curtain as table cloth is such a good idea as they often come in varied colours and design to experiment.I like the batik print table mats.Very beautiful GB.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a great, fulfilling day on Mother's Day. Would love to follow your blog but the Follower button is hiding so will return to log in.

    ReplyDelete
  14. loving the table cloth..i had a fab weekend too...but no rest..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. what pretty feet you have, Gagan! Brunch looks yummy... and, your mom dabbled in batik too?!?! Lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh that brunch looks aaaaamazing. I just got hungry! Working on the post, should have it to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Mothers Day, a belated one, Gagan! Ooh, the green toes look naughty n nice :D
    And I like the angles in which you've shot these pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Rant? Rave? Tell me about it!

previous Next home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...