Friday, November 19, 2010

Destination Bangalore......

So this month seems to be dominated with posts stemming from Bangalore. First there was this fabulous home-tour and now there are a couple more blog-worthy events that I have to update you on! First up is an artist who needs no introduction, at least not on this blog! You may remember our Über-talented friend, Aarohi, from this post. Well she's done it again---she's going to be holding an exhibition of her latest collection in Bangalore. So those of you who missed out on her earlier shows can catch up with her and hopefully take home a bit of her magic before it flies off the shelves! Check out a preview of her exhibition up here. I'm loving her new "nimbu-mirchi" series, and those "thaalis" are simply amazing! I love the way she created a plate wall to display them---what a fabulous idea! Granny chic goes global!

Aarohi's "anything but kitsch" art!

The Exhibition Details:

When- 25-28th Nov 2010
Where- Page Turners Bookstore, 89 Kannan Building, MG Road, Bangalore.
Time- 11am to 8 pm.



Now the second event is a fabulous giveaway over at Indya kaleidoscope. Preethi wants to know your favorite piece of Indian art/handicraft. Share your pictures with her and you might just win a handsome little elephant of your own!! Check out the deets here. Oh, and for my entry, I would pick this little pair of deer that I've had with me since my college days (a loooooooooong, long time ago, LOL!)...I love them because they've been through so much with me and also because they're so graceful.



While I'm on the subject, you may have also noticed that I have been making noises about hosting another giveaway....well, I am. Check back tomorrow for the giveaway.....

7 comments:

  1. I love Aarohi creations, though don't own any. :-(

    Those deers are so cute. I had an cast iron one in India, I have no idea where that is now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pree so am I and these new darwaaza and nimbu paintings are driving me insane!! have. to. have. one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The darwaza and nimbu paintings are driving me crazy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Gagan, thank you for participating :) I am stealing your picture to put it up on Indya Kaleidoscope facebook fan page here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Indya-Kaleidoscope/114002708611965

    ReplyDelete
  5. That nimbu-mirch paintings are a big WOW! what artistic way to tackle the nazar thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great piece and i like the pic..very silhouette-y

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sis has invited me to Bangalore this Dec but so soon after Sri Lanka :(.

    I must go do some research though if Bangalore has such amazing art , it might be worth a short trip :).

    ReplyDelete

Rant? Rave? Tell me about it!

previous Next home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...