Patty: What’s a perfect styling for you?
Perfect styling for me is not about money. I'm not big into designer labels but if I see quality that is affordable, I'll snap it up!! In clothing, I'm very laid back, its mostly jeans and a tee or tunic for me. I like to dress it up with a little sparkle or a bright scarf. In the colder months, I'm usually found buried under layers of warm stuff--I get really cold! I love to dress up in Indian clothes every once in a while and I'll go the whole hog--with bindis and bangles and pretty earrings!! The key for me is adding accessories, but I don't overdo it....nothing can kill a look faster than too much of anything. It's either a scarf OR a necklace. If it's a turtleneck, I'll usually go with bold earrings. For instance, I'd wear this with jeans......
My brown linen shirt, peacock earrings (these get worn a LOT!) and my brass bracelet.
Styling around the home would be about comfort and practicality. With two boys (one six year old and one much older (!!), I need to have a home that can handle the
everyday occasional projectile. It also has to have that personal connection for me. You can also see snippets of my home in some of my earlier posts here. I need to have lots of green (the live variety!--though I wouldn't mind some of the other stuff too!) around me and my home is full of plants- some thrive, some I mange to kill. I never give up.
Some lucky bamboo cuttings that I'm trying to grow!
A cozy corner reflected in the entrance mirror.
My entryway--utilitarian, but not drab. Holder for mail, glass dish for keys, under the demi-lune table are two baskets, one for mittens/scarves (and the occasional helmet) and another one for umbrellas. Also visible in the reflection--my darling husband's contribution, the gallery wall. While I gave up in frustration after (days of!) measuring and laying out, he just stepped in and eye-balled the whole thing! I think it took him all of half an hour to do what I couldn't commit to in weeks of plotting and planning. (Now you know why I married him!!) :)
Patty - On what do you spend most of your money?
That's an easy one--my home!
Patty - What's your favourite song at this moment?
Gah! I can't name just one...it all depends on my mood!! I love music and my tastes range from this to this. Oh and I love this and this and this. If I had more time I'd start a music blog as well (actually I have opened one, but just haven't had the time to work on it!)
Patty - Which excellences do you think you have?
I'm good at stuff. I don't know about excellent tho'. I'm a good cook, I'm good at my job, I'm good at doing stuff I want to do. I'm also pretty good at evading stuff I don't want to do.
And oh, I'm also good at kicking back and lazing! :)
Patty - And what are your failings?
Temper! Red-hot, white-hot temper! And Procrastination!
Patty thanks for inviting me to this one--you were right, it was fun! :D
Now for the next tag/award by the sweet Kanika of ...And Another blog! I just need to disclose seven things about myself that you might not know! Here goes:
1. I don't particularly like some games ( like tag!). But I love other games. Like chess--I can play it all day, it relaxes me.
2. I'm a bit of a germ-o-phobe. I carry two types of sanitizers in my bag, there's another sanitizer in my car, one by the door, one in my gym bag, and I can't go to the park without one.
3. I used to drink gallons(!!) of tea when I was younger. My nickname in college had -tea suffixed to it. I now drink up to three cups a day.
4. I never cheated in any of my exams...no, not even in elementary school. I got where I am on my own hard work and I'm really proud of it.
5. I hate going to the dentist. I cry. I get grey hair the day before I have to go to the dentist's. (My dentist laughed so hard when he heard this that his goggles nearly fell off!)
6. I'm a control freak. I need to be in control all the time. I'm the worst back seat driver ever. Related/unrelated note: That's why I don't drink---I HATE that feeling of losing control over my senses. I also discovered that I hate NO at the dentist's even more than I hate pain and so I don't take it.
7. Small courtesies are very important to me--I like to dole out my thank yous liberally. I also stop for pedestrians and return shopping carts to their corral. A little kindness goes a long way as far as I'm concerned.
8. I have a bit of a rebellious streak in me. I may break rules from time to time. See? I just broke one. I'm about to break another rule and not nominate anyone in particular. I'm opening up the tag to all of you!
The latest award was bestowed on me by the lovely Emreen of Liven Things Up: thank you, shukriya, merci beaucoup!! and I would like to pass it on to all of you, my lovely readers-who-are-bloggers-as well!!
And that dear audience, winds it up for now! I'll be back later with a lovely home-tour....how is your week going so far?
*Yes, I know I have a tag-free, award-free thingy up on my blog, but I was tagged nonetheless....and I felt really guilty turning down perfectly nice folks for my silly whims and fancies!!
All pictures (those without credits) taken by me. Please write in if you need to use them.