Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tray of treasures


Hello luvs! How are you? Sorry for the no-show yesterday--I had full intentions of blogging, but things just kept turning up. In the end I was mentally exhausted, couldn't really put any intelligible thoughts to paper (blogger? we need to come up with an updated lexicon, some of the phrases we express ourselves with may soon be obsolete, don't you think?). Have you ever had one of those days where your brain is buzzing with ideas and you try to do too many things at one time? *Fzzzt* yeah, that's what happened! :) Not that I'm complaining. I live for days like that, where you're using every ounce of that grey matter. Left brain/right brain who cares how you get there. As long as you do. :)

So back to my pet peeve, the weather. I think I'm growing gills, I seem to be living under (rain) water all the time. Seriously, will this rain ever stop? Bas, aur nahin!(translated: enough, already!) All I wanted to do today was get outside and take a walk, maybe come back with a few "found" treasures, let the sun (in my imagination) and the breeze (30 kmph, really?) soothe my worries away........sigh. Not happening. So I comforted myself by cooking up a storm (ha. ha.) and prettifying my environs (and making a few other changes to my blog layout). I've recently updated my tumblr account and I intend to add all those zillions of pictures-that-tempt to it, loads of eye candy with little to no text (where I post when I have NO desire to talk!). :D I've also recently paid some attention to my almost-defunct flickr account, which had turned into a toxic wasteland of pictures that didn't quite make the cut. I've weeded out a lot of the duplicates,/crappy shots but sometimes I suffer from an acute inability to make a decision. Should it go or should it stay? (Good thing I don't work in any field where snap judgments are required, LOL!). I think it looks good now, but I'd like your opinion too. You can find my flickr photostream here and my tumblr inspiration folder here. Or look into the right sidebar for the links---------->

A little sample of what you might find on flickr:


 My tray of treasures on Flickr


And a little sample of what you might find on tumblr:

  Original source: Etsy (Isn't it the most gorgeous necklace ever!) Available here.

In other news, I'd like to give a shout out to fellow blogger Priya, of the blog Once Upon a Tea Time--she has come up with the ingenious (and very commendable!) idea of offering free advertising to fair trade organizations that support artisans. What a wonderful way to promote (and preserve) indigenous crafts! If you belong to or represent a company that engages in fair practices, please contact Priya. If you're a craft/handmade aficionado, please do your bit and help spread the word! Read her post on it here for more information.

That's all for now folks, hope you have a good rest of the day/evening. I leave you with the genius of Indian Ocean: music to rock the rain in! (I love the dug-duggi right in the end.) Oh, and just because I can't resist, here's another. Enjoy!


16 comments:

  1. The necklace is beautiful....A different thought...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed your post yesterday. Is that necklace your creation? It is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree..the necklace is so damn pretty...n hey thnks for those kind words on my blog..ure the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool necklace...u have good creative thoughts..amazing post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that necklace:) Time to go check out the other links...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!!G.Your new look blog is world class.The extra additions of postings in tumblr and flickr are equally beautiful.I could spend hours browsing thru them.Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the links!! I left some comments in the flickr as surosh112. just in case you didn't recognize me! Love the treasure tray too! Good going, Goodwill!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Gagan, please keep adding photos to your tumblr site. All the photos are awesome... I'm craving more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will go thu flickr and tumblr. Love the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that necklace is soo cute and love the changes you have made on the blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want that lotus.. and the india necklace is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok G- I'm again stunned by how similar our music tastes are. Nod to the Paul Simon, Indian Ocean and the various other bands that have been linked to on p&p. I ALWAYS click on your music links :) Also forgot, an old email thread on delhi socialites(rem?)- the 'diamond on the soles of her feet' reference made me smile in office- been meaning to tell you, but with everything going on- Slipped!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just an FYI, the necklace is not my creation...it is the creation of the etsy seller listed below the picture.

    Thanks for all your lovely comments girls!

    ReplyDelete

Rant? Rave? Tell me about it!

previous Next home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...