I'm still a little stiff (bending is scary!) but have been cooking (thank god!) and have resumed
The Funny Bits..........
1. It feels great to sink into some warm cushiony goodness. Till about the first hour. After that I fret, and turn into a cranky monster.
2. I get an (uncontrollable) itch to straighten the (only) artwork above said couch, about 15 minutes into said supine position.
The comfiest couch in the whole world! And that artwork is just crying to be nudged isn't it?
3. Heating pads are mankind's gift to me. And for some reason America has yet to discover a decent hot-water bottle that doesn't leak. (Anyone else miss their good ol' duckback from back home?).
4. Drugs that need a photo ID and send you to la-la land
5. If you thought polka dots (I'd love to carry off that dress with that much flair!)were just another trend, I have a newsflash for you---they're classics! LOL!!
A wedding gift from my BFF. Batik on cloth---the brown streaks are a result of sun-bleaching!
6. I have never wanted to take up a duster and clean all surfaces in sight till I knew I couldn't---seriously, dusting has to be lowest on the totem pole of undesirable tasks in my list (yes, somewhere along with cleaning rims of the potty!).
7. Never underestimate the power of that one little chink in your armor---it can make itself FELT. Reminds me of an old panchatantra tale where a certain neglected part of the body decides to show all other organs who's boss! (I tried finding a link, but couldn't. Any help will be much appreciated!).
The Tear Jerkers....(Okay this is the part where I get all mushy-gushy, so if you're squeamish, skip it.)
1. I realized that I'm not indispensable, that my boys can do things if I just let them. On the flip side, I realized that I AM indispensable and this three-legged race is best run on three legs (LOL, without the captain running her ship, the ship is doomed to eternally open ziplocs, grease spills and dirty kitchens!!!). What I indisputably did realise however, is that I cannot function at all without my boys. Not. at. all. You're my rocks, my heros.....
2. I also realized (ziplocks notwithstanding, LOL) that I would marry this man, all over again, through seven lifetimes or a million in a heartbeat. This one's for you babe! (I know it's not the one we've committed to memory, and he's ever so slightly off key, but it's those words....)....
3. I started this blog back in June of 2010, after taking possibly the worst battering of my life---the punches just kept on coming, one-two-three. There were some things that prayers helped with, some that they were powerless against. Cest la vie. But back there in June, I made a decision, to start my own blog, to reach out and say hi. I have no idea why I did it, or where it would take me, never a clue that I would open up to this degree to a sea of nameless 0s and 1s. It was a design blog. Focussed on the good, the uplifting and dare I say it, the inane. But slowly I started opening up, and the emails started. I got to know you better, at a level I couldn't have, had we met at a grocery store or a soccer game---your core, that most guarded of spaces..........I'd found friends.
Flash forward to today, I have emails in my inbox that move me to tears, I have friends who've been there, done that and survived, I have inspiration and so many people to look up to, that it near takes my breath away. I'm humbled and honored that you chose to think of me, talk to me.... Thank you. I've seen these thoughts written many times before on many blogs---I never realised how true they were till they touched my life. Trite, cheesy, but OMG, so true. Takeway message? there's really none I guess. Just a deep heartfelt thank you for all your incredible kindness. :)
Disclaimer: Read at your own risk. P&P refuses to honor any requests for replacement of tissue boxes used while reading the passages above...
Notice: we will return to a more regular schedule once the dustbunnies have been swept out of sight (I did NOT say back under the chair!). I vow to lay off the touchy-feelies (for a bit), just don't "unfriend" me! LOL!!