Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hello, Hello!

Dear all, sorry I've been such an errant blogger for the past few weeks....there's a lot keeping me busy/distracted, but I'm still here....... I loved reading ALL your comments in the previous post (and the other comments on earlier posts as well). I will get to work on the baby elephant and post pictures once I'm done, but till then I just had to share some pretty pictures that I came across on Apartment Therapy (some of my design-junkie friends may have already come come across these, but I couldn't resist sharing....). You know the funny thing is that the moment I saw these pictures I was reminded of my sister's saree....she has one in just this color palette....it's a soft-green silk with silver "peepal patti" bootis (motifs of the peepal/bodhi tree leaf). The silver has aged to a beautiful antique tarnish over the years. Enjoy this room......

This room is entered in the "room for color" contest going on over at apartment therapy right now. If you like it, you can go and cast your vote for it. The owner, Carla, has described the source of her inspiration as the "Luna moth". Here are the other pictures of the room....


Such a serene space! Love those candles a-glowing in the lantern!!!



I love how she's utilized the display space above the cabinet. I'm so stealing this idea!! How festive would a couple of those globe lights look for diwali? I would go for bright colors, clustered together in a corner on the floor. Lights during the colder months pretty much add all the warmth and drama needed to make your home more welcoming, don't you think? (PS: That chandelier is pretty cool too!). There are a couple of other rooms that I fell head-over-heels in love with, which I'll be sharing with you later, but if you want to look at more real-home eye candy, head on out to the contest now...


And have you entered the fabulous CSN giveaway I'm hosting? If not, do so now! Contest ends Friday the 15th of October.........

15 comments:

  1. Love the color palette here. It looks very serene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so zen! love her choice of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i ADORE this space! the texture + light is gorgeous.

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. a lovely combination of vintage and modern tastes.Gorgeous clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. simply peaceful and calm room theme...soft to ones eyes...thanks for sharing gagan...love tht mix of tradional lantern,chandelier with modern looks..i simply love those cutouts/niches above the cabinets or in walls ,to lighten up something to display some of ur fav murals/sculptures.antiques...i use to always do this in bedrooms/dining areas when i ued to desing residential projects..tc sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like these colors are so soothing and relaxing. Also love that chandelier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am reading this post in the late morning with the noon sun peeping through my window, It is easy to close my eyes and imagine myself in this beautiful serene room :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the chandelier and the billowing ,whispy curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful room...I love the lantern in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Green is not my kind.. but the room does look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lighting is beautiful. And the mirror. And lantern. And, and, and...

    ReplyDelete

Rant? Rave? Tell me about it!

previous Next home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...