Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What I've been up to today....

On one of my thrifting adventures, I had picked up this vase for $1.99. Not bad, eh? I absolutely love its graceful shape- reminds me of a surahi (a clay pitcher or pot with an elongated, graceful neck).



So. It came home with me. Only problem is I don't care much for its green color. So I'm thinking-- that's another DIY project. Let's see how that works out.....



Well, today I finally got off my posterior.... and decided to do something about in. A couple of coats of spray paint later....Tada!!


Can't wait for it to dry....

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh.. .the black looks gorgeous... it truly does... Thats such a fab idea.. I'm going to do that for a few things I have as well.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative. looks sleek now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Patty, @Shweta, thanks! The greeny stuff just wasn't cutting it for me- I just had to do something about it. :)

    Tho' next time around- I'll try to do the base first and then tackle the top- maybe invert it on something...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hey nice job! Looks fantastic! I am slowly finding out you can pretty much spray paint anything! Cool! The black is much more dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kamini, @Sanghamitra: Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shape of that vase! It'll look sooo great!! :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Amanda, Thank you....loved your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. An easy to make DIY project!I have a spray paint lying in my balcony for a long time.Its time for its use.Loved the black color.Looking forward to see the vase with flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Rant? Rave? Tell me about it!

previous Next home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...